Google+

Login

New topic Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:06 pm 
White Lady

After training many horses and many riders, I noticed a pattern developing. Although the riders enjoyed working with and riding their horses, there were always problems. Probably the most common phone call that I received was the request to "come and fix my horse".

Whether it was a horse who spooked easily or one who would not get into a trailer, it seemed that every single horse owner had at least one problem with a horse who needed to be fixed.

My first position was to attack the communication problem that inherently exists between horse and human. Perhaps the riders were not communicating in such a way that the horses could understand.

I sought advice. I thought. I began to look at what it was that I did differently to achieve such results with horses. Finally, it dawned on me. Those horse owners were having so many problems because "a horse is a horse!" That's it. If we can understand what it means to be a horse, react like a horse, and relate to other things like a horse, then we can have a more productive relationship with a horse.

Gawani Pony Boy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:53 pm 
Marshal

Overskuddsenergi i hesten kan brukes til noe annet enn å miste balansen...

Bertie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:11 am 
White Lady

Jeg må bare fremheve vårt favorittsitat idag, selv om jeg har lagt det inn før. Les, le og gråt:

It is an odd thing to be trained by classicists. Once the hook is set you are caught for life. You find yourself, years after the masters have gone, at some party where people are marveling at the newest dressage sensation. They look at you and say "isn't he (or she) wonderful? In your mind, you curse your old teachers. How they ruined it for you! You want to have fun with the glitterati. You fumble to be polite, for respect was also part of your training. You, by now, have been made legitimately humble but the strict lessons of certain horses! Yet inside, you know that, beyond that rider's handmade saddle, beyond the golden brow-band, the tailored coat and the custom beaver hat, no it's not wonderful. The horse is not straight.

Paul Belasik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:52 am 
White Lady

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing.

Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:23 am 
White Lady

Økning av storvolten gir for øvrig en utmerket innledning til galoppfatning. Idet hesten drives utover og fram for innvendige legg fanges den opp for de utvendige hjelpere som hindrer at den trenger ut med skulder og bakpart. Ved det forøkede trykk med innvendige legg ved salgjorden og ved utløsning på innvendige tøyle driver en hesten naturlig inn i innvendig galopp derved at innvendige bakben bringes innunder hesten og ved at innvendige skulder frigjøres så den kan gripe fram i galoppfatningen.

Bjart Ording

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:54 am 
White Lady

When the horse truly understands forward engagement and has an athletic swing in its back, when the signals from the rider's legs and seat generate calm impulsion, when the wave of energy goes all the way up to the bit and does not get absorbed in a pillowy back or a soft, collapsing neck, when that wave is not blocked by a stiffened or crooked neck, then the horse, for the most part, is confidently on the bit.

Paul Belasik

Pelles kommentar: Calm, forward, straight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:03 pm 
White Lady

If I cannot see what you do, how can the horse know?

Arthur Kottas Heldenberg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:41 am 
White Lady

It is easy to amaze the audience. It is going to be much harder to amaze yourself.

Paul Belasik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:20 pm 
White Lady

The hocks and backs of horses seem to have an idelibly strong connection. Many veterinarians will tell you that if you have a hock problem in a horse you should look to the back and if you have a back problem look to the hocks. Riders won't lose weight and practice correct posture so they aggavate and injure the backs of ther horses. In order to assuage their guilt, they obsess on saddle fitting, massage therapy, chiropractic adjustments, every kind of joint supplement, injections, and medical treatment.

Too many trainers teach poor position, (if they teach it at all) that is assuming they even know what correct position is - many trainers will not take time to study position. They are afraid that the students will leave them if the work is too hard. So they avoid their responsibility. They let self esteem override their responisbilities and true education.

Paul Belasik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:59 am 
White Lady

As a horse collects, a curious phenomenon begins to occur. The horse becomes more manouverable but less stable.

Paul Belasik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:13 pm 
White Lady

The knowledge of how to position oneself on horseback, following the rules we have just given, is not sufficient of itself: the rider must be able to maintain this posture, a thing more difficult when the horse is in motion.

Francois Robichon de la Gueriniere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:05 am 
White Lady

Longering er riktig utført om hesten får en roligere, mer harmonisk gange - men feilaktig om man vil bibringe hesten en viss form.

Müseler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:25 am 
White Lady

Spørsmålet: "Hvordan ser en hest ut, som er under hjelperne" lar seg altså ikke besvare, da det bare skulle bli en beskrivelse av hestens holdning, mens rytteren nødvendigvis hører med i sammenhengen, da det uten ham ikke kan finnes en hest som svarer for hjelperne.

Müseler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:35 am 
White Lady

Det er viktig og nødvendig at rytteren får lære seg innvirkning med ryggen på et svært tidlig stadium, slik at han ikke rekker å venne seg til en feilaktig hjelpgivning, som han senere bare med vanskelighet eller kanskje aldri klarer å venne seg av med.

Müseler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:57 am 
White Lady

Rygging er den sikreste, men også den vanskeligste prøven på overenstemmelse mellom fremaddrivende og forholdende hjelpere. Rygging bør man derfor først forsøke seg på når man er overbevist om at man har lært seg å gi forholdende hjelpere på riktig måte.

Müseler

New topic Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next