Google+

Login

New topic Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hip mobility
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:14 am 

Hi!

I've been trying to get a better range-of-motion in the hip, basicly using a lot of the exercises from Kelly Starretts book, but are experiencing a few problems. Maybe some of you have experienced something similar, or know somebody who has?

So if this was me on the picture, I would feel a normal strech in the hip flexor in the left hip - no problem. But in the right hip it would feel like an uncomfortble pressure in the front of the joint itself. Like somthing is pinched. :? Feels like a stiffness of a sort, and stretching carefully will loosen it up a bit, but the day atfer is often feels even worse(stiff) then to begin with..! *sigh*

So i'm wondering if this is normal (i'm guessig it's not...), if i'm doing somthing wrong, or if maybe there's somthing wrong with me. I was born with a slight dysfunctional hip (hip dysplasia) but it was dealt with - is it possible it could be a connection?)

Otherwise i'm not having any problems or hip pain - only lack motion which of course is unfortunate...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: Hip mobility
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:36 am 
Marshal

Yo!

What you have got there, is likely what K- Star labels an "impingement". Those things often dont respond very well to stretching- techniques per se. You would have to get into some sort of distraction- exercise. Many of those described very well in K- stars videos. Search for hip- impingement.

Post subject: Re: Hip mobility
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:42 pm 

Thank you! Good to know it's not something unheard of or seriously wrong. I will check it out! :)

New topic Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]