Forumets regler

Nytt emne Svar på emnet   [ 3 innlegg ] 
Forfatter Melding
 Innleggets emne: Hip mobility
InnleggSkrevet: Ons Des 04, 2013 1:14 am 
Avlogget
Brukerens avatar

Hi!

I've been trying to get a better range-of-motion in the hip, basicly using a lot of the exercises from Kelly Starretts book, but are experiencing a few problems. Maybe some of you have experienced something similar, or know somebody who has?

Bilde
So if this was me on the picture, I would feel a normal strech in the hip flexor in the left hip - no problem. But in the right hip it would feel like an uncomfortble pressure in the front of the joint itself. Like somthing is pinched. :? Feels like a stiffness of a sort, and stretching carefully will loosen it up a bit, but the day atfer is often feels even worse(stiff) then to begin with..! *sigh*

So i'm wondering if this is normal (i'm guessig it's not...), if i'm doing somthing wrong, or if maybe there's somthing wrong with me. I was born with a slight dysfunctional hip (hip dysplasia) but it was dealt with - is it possible it could be a connection?)

Otherwise i'm not having any problems or hip pain - only lack motion which of course is unfortunate...

Del på Facebook Del på Twitter
Topp

Innleggets emne: Re: Hip mobility
InnleggSkrevet: Tor Des 05, 2013 10:36 am 
Avlogget
Marshal
Brukerens avatar

Yo!

What you have got there, is likely what K- Star labels an "impingement". Those things often dont respond very well to stretching- techniques per se. You would have to get into some sort of distraction- exercise. Many of those described very well in K- stars videos. Search for hip- impingement.

Topp

Innleggets emne: Re: Hip mobility
InnleggSkrevet: Lør Des 07, 2013 1:42 pm 
Avlogget
Brukerens avatar

Thank you! Good to know it's not something unheard of or seriously wrong. I will check it out! :)

Topp

Vis innlegg fra forrige:  Sorter etter  
Nytt emne Svar på emnet   [ 3 innlegg ] 

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Ingen registrerte brukere og 1 gjest

Du kan ikke opprette nye emner i dette forumet
Du kan ikke skrive innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke redigere dine egne innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke slette dine egne innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg til dette forumet

Søk etter:
Gå til forum: