Google+

Login

New topic Reply to topic   [ 1172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Dagens Dune- Sitat
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:53 pm 
Marshal

Hei!

Som trådens navn sier, her følger dagens sitat fra Dune- sagaen:

Vi starter med en litt skikkelig killer;

"Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. you restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame."

Og så kan vi kanskje tenke oss hva hestene synes om oss, tamme regelryttere som vi er. Ingen regelrytter kan bli en ekte rytter, vettu´

Pelle

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:25 am 
White Lady

There's no secret to balance. You just have to feel the waves.

Paradox is a pointer telling you to look beyond it. If paradoxes bother you, that betrays your deep desire for absolutes. The relativist treats a paradox merely as interesting, perhaps amusing or even, dreadful thought, educational.

Frank Herbert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:46 pm 
White Lady

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you a cover up. Real boats rock.

Paradox is a pointer telling you to look beyond it. If paradoxes bother you, that betrays your deep desire for absolutes. The relativist treats a paradox merely as interesting, perhaps amusing or even, dreadful thought, educational.

Frank Herbert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:33 am 
White Lady

The person who takes the banal and ordinary and illuminates it in a new way can terrify. We do not want our ideas changed.

Last edited by Hanne on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:39 am 
White Lady

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

Post subject: The litany against fear
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:03 am 
White Lady

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:19 am 
White Lady

Confine yourself to observing and you always miss the point of your own life. The object can be stated this way: Live the best life you can. Life is a game whose rules you learn if you leap into it and play it to the hilt. Otherwise, you are caught off balance, continually surprised by the shifting play. Non-players often whine and complain that luck always passes them by. They refuse to see that they can create some of their own luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:34 am 
White Lady

There was a man who sat each day looking out through a narrow vertical opening where a single board had been removed from a wooden fence. Each day a wild ass of the desert passed outside the fence and across the narrow opening — first the nose, then the head, the forelegs, the long brown back, the hindlegs, and lastly the tail. One day the man leaped to his feet with a light of discovery in his eyes and he shouted for all who could hear him: "It is obvious! The nose causes the tail!"

Post subject: Nesten som ridning, jo!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:51 am 
Marshal

This is the awe-inspiring universe of magic: There are no atoms, only waves and motions all around. Here, you discard all belief in barriers to understanding. You put aside understanding itself. This universe cannot be seen, cannot be heard, cannot be detected in any way by fixed perceptions. It is the ultimate void where no preordained screens occur upon which forms may be projected. You have only one awareness here — the screen of the magi: Imagination! Here, you learn what it is to be human. You are a creator of order, of beautiful shapes and systems, an organizer of chaos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:29 am 
White Lady

A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:11 am 
White Lady

A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:20 am 
White Lady

Anything outside yourself, this you can see and apply your logic to it. But it's a human trait that when we encounter personal problems, these things most deeply personal are the most difficult to bring out for our logic to scan. We tend to flounder around, blaming everything but the actual, deep-seated thing that's really chewing on us.

Frank Herbert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:33 am 
Marshal

Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:23 am 
White Lady

"I'm going to rub your faces in things you try to avoid. I don't find it strange that all you want to believe is only that which comforts you. How else do humans invent the traps which betray us into mediocrity? How else do we define cowardice?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:36 am 
White Lady

It is said that the only fear we cannot correct is the fear of our own mistakes.

Frank Herbert.

New topic Reply to topic   [ 1172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 79  Next